Answered By: Keith Brisland Last Updated: Oct 25, 2018 Views: 80
These are the most relevant databases:
- British Standards Online Current, historic, and draft British Standards, technical handbooks, codes of practice, specifications for products.
- Building Online journal
- BCIS - cost and price information to the construction industry
- Construction Information Service (CIS) - Legislation, standards and guidance material. Covers building, civil & structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering, construction and facilities Management.
- Digimap - Ordnance Survey Collections - Ordnance Survey map data for use within GIS and CAD applications. Allows users to create both simple and customised maps for viewing and printing. **Now includes Ancient/Roam Historic Digimap with maps from the 1840s to the 1990s, and also Environment Roam with Access Land Cover maps.
- Estates Gazette Interactive UK online news, research and information service for the commercial property market.
- GreenFILE Topics covered include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling. (Best viewed using Chrome).
- RICS Red Book Online isurv Practice notes database : RICS Red Book, Surveyors' Construction Handbook, Guidance Notes, Information Papers and Practice Statements plus case law database
For details of other useful resources and further information visit the Built Environment Subject Guide
If you would like help using any of these resources you can book a tutorial with James Dean, the liaison librarian for the Built Environment or visit the Curzon Library Help Desk.
Chat to us 24/7!
Welcome to our live chat service! Please click on the button below to chat online.
Enquiries could be answered by BCU staff or by a librarian from another university.