Answered By: Keith Brisland Last Updated: Mar 30, 2017 Views: 35
These are the most relevant databases:
- British Standards Online Current, historic, and draft British Standards, technical handbooks, codes of practice, specifications for products.
- Building Online journal
- Construction Information Service (CIS) - Legislation, standards and guidance material. Covers building, civil & structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering, construction and facilities Management.
- Digimap - Ordnance Survey Collections - Ordnance Survey map data for use within GIS and CAD applications. Allows users to create both simple and customised maps for viewing and printing. **Now includes Ancient/Roam Historic Digimap with maps from the 1840s to the 1990s, and also Environment Roam with Access Land Cover maps.
- Estates Gazette Interactive UK online news, research and information service for the commercial property market.
- GreenFILE Topics covered include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling. (Best viewed using Chrome).
- RICS Red Book Online isurv Practice notes database : RICS Red Book, Surveyors' Construction Handbook, Guidance Notes, Information Papers and Practice Statements plus case law database
For details of other useful resources and further information visit http://libguides.bcu.ac.uk/builtenvironments
If you would like help using any of these resources you can book a tutorial with James Dean, the liaison librarian for the Built Environment or visit the Curzon Library Help Desk.
Chat to us 24/7!
Welcome to our live chat service. Please click on the button below to chat online.
Enquiries could be answered by BCU staff or by a librarian from another university.