Answered By: Laura Percival Last Updated: Sep 26, 2019 Views: 10
Welcome to Library & Learning Resources. We're really glad you found us! We know there's a lot of overwhelming information to absorb, but learning how to use the library can be rewarding and we're at every step to give you the help you need.
Getting your ID card and library PIN
Once you've enrolled and received your ID card, you are automatically a member of the library. Your ID card is also your library card. Make sure you bring it with you every time you visit campus!
We will email you a PIN for borrowing books shortly after your ID card is printed.
Can I change my library PIN?
Click "get library PIN" on our website or visit the library Helpdesk.
How do I look for books and journal articles?
To start with, a good place will be your module reading list. You will also find links to your reading list on Moodle and our website.
Use the catalogues in the library to search for books, DVDs and sheet music on campus. The library website has a single search box for books, journals, newspaper articles and more! If you're looking for something else, like legal cases, company information or research databases, use the A-Z of Databases link on our website.
I need some help!
No problem! That's what we're here for.
- Visit the help desk and ask us absolutely anything! Our friendly Library Advisors and Librarians are available during staffed hours. No question is too big or small and we'll do our best to help.
- Our Librarians (and partner Librarians from around the world) operate a 24/7 live chat service! We're literally always here to help.
- Book a tutorial with a subject specialist if you'd like some 1:1 help with literature searching for your assignments.
Our library website has everything you need in one place:
- Your library account
- Search box for all of our resources (and advanced search options)
- Links to specialist databases and electronic journal titles
- The Digital Library (for exam papers, dissertations etc.
- Online subject guides for each school, with key resources, news and library contacts
- Links to key services - inter-library loans, tutorials, reading lists, study room bookings, referencing guide, opening hours, and much more!
Chat to us 24/7
Got a question?
Chat with one of our librarians during staffed hours, or one of our partner librarians from around the world outside of staffed hours. The service is available 24/7!