You can place a reservation when all of the copies are out on loan, or all of the copies are at another Birmingham City University campus library:
You will need your library number and 4-digit library PIN* to reserve items using the library catalogue.
- Find the item on the library catalogue.
- Click on the 'Check Availability' button next to the title.
- Click on ‘Reserve this item’
- Enter your borrower number and 4-digit library PIN
- Remember to select your preferred collection site from the drop-down list. If you don’t do this, your reservation will not be placed. If your preferred sit is not shown, this probably means that there is a copy of the book on the shelves there which you can collect yourself.
- Click on the ‘reserve’ button
A message will be displayed to confirm your reservation. Please allow a few days for books to be transported between the campuses. If it is more convenient you may visit any of our libraries and take books out there.
* You should have been sent a 4-digit library PIN to your University email address when you first enrolled. If you do not know or have forgotten your PIN then you can obtain one by:
- Using the 'Reset your PIN' link from the library catalogue. This will send an email to your student/staff email account which includes a link to a page where you can choose a PIN.
- Completing a PIN request form
- Visiting any Birmingham City University library Help Desk
We can send your PIN via email as long as you provide us with your address and student or library number.