Answered By: Keith Brisland Last Updated: Jul 06, 2017 Views: 267
The main law databases are:
- the Lexis Library which includes All England Law Reports, Atkin’s Court Forms, Corporate Law Direct, Employment Law Online, Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents, Family Law Reports, Halsbury's Laws Direct, Legislation Direct, Times Law Reports plus access to full-text law journals (see the attached videos on accessing Lexis journals via Summon and Searching Lexis Library for specific articles).
- Westlaw which includes full-text of UK statutes and European legislation, law reports and journals plus a legal journals index and case citations. The Westlaw International section includes full coverage of US law (see the attached video on finding US Law Material on Westlaw International).
- JustCite which is a legal research platform that helps users find leading authorities and establish the current status of the law.
Other law databases include:
- Family Law Online - a portfolio of family law publications, including the Family Law Journal and Family Law Reports
- IDS Employment Law Brief Online - the latest legislation on employment law (please note - access to this database is via its own username and password. Follow the link to see the details).
For further useful resources and information visit the Law LibGuide.
Chat to us 24/7!
Welcome to our live chat service. Please click on the button below to chat online.
Enquiries could be answered by BCU staff or by a librarian from another university.