Answered By: Keith Brisland Last Updated: Sep 17, 2019 Views: 165
These are the most relevant databases:
- British Standards Online Current, historic, and draft British Standards, technical handbooks, codes of practice, specifications for products.
- Building Online journal
- BCIS - cost and price information to the construction industry
- Construction Information Service (CIS) - Legislation, standards and guidance material. Covers building, civil & structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering, construction and facilities Management.
- Digimap - Six collections providing maps and map data of Great Britain. Data is available to download, for use with appropriate software such as geographical information systems (GIS) or computer-aided design (CAD), to print or to view online.
- Estates Gazette UK online news, research and information service for the commercial property market.
- GreenFILE Topics covered include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling. (Best viewed using Chrome).
- RICS Red Book Online isurv Practice notes database : RICS Red Book, Surveyors' Construction Handbook, Guidance Notes, Information Papers and Practice Statements plus case law database
For details of other useful resources and further information visit the Built Environment Subject Guide
If you would like help using any of these resources you can book a tutorial with James Dean, the liaison librarian for the Built Environment or visit the Curzon Library Help Desk.
Chat to us 24/7
Got a question?
Chat with one of our librarians during staffed hours, or one of our partner librarians from around the world outside of staffed hours. The service is available 24/7!